Grandma’s Diamond Flower Garden

| Quilt Monkey | 102

Katy shows us how to make an eye-catching block inspired by our Grandma’s Flower Garden pieces.  She guides us through the process of stitching the pieces together and appliquéing them to a background, to create a stunning block that can be turned into a mini quilt, used as a pillow top or a block for a larger quilt. Stay tuned for more Quilt Monkey on QNNtv.com!

Materials: A link to download the materials used in this episode will be available after you sign into your account.

1. I made my first hexagon. It wasn’t as easy as you make it look, but I did it. Thanks for the tut.

Cynthia Maki, 8 months ago Reply

2. Great video!! I loved the first one, and that was the reason I signed up for QNNtv…now this video is terrific, too!! Soo glad I signed up–soooo looking forward to the next one. :) I have started my collection of hexagons and am so excited about getting my first project going. This is so fun!

Michelle H, 8 months ago Reply

3. Katy, the first two shows are wonderful! You have made this very clear and easy!

Leanne, 8 months ago Reply

4. I LOVE YOUR VIDEO’S. I REALLY LOVE,LOVE,LOVE THE QUILT BEHIND YOU WITH THE FLOWER GARDEN ON BLACK BACKROUND…IS THERE A PATTERN?

Diane Cormier, 8 months ago Reply

5. Love this episode too! And I’ll copy Diane C. and say that I, too, love the quilt in the background! Is there a pattern or an episode on it?!

StacyO, 8 months ago Reply

6. Brilliant! Going to try this!

Peggy in MO, 8 months ago Reply

7. I have found the hexie pattern, but I cannot find the quilt pattern anywhere. The links under the paragraph, after episode 101 and 102 are only for the hexies.

Peg F, 8 months ago Reply

8. So pleased to see a new quilting show. I absolutely love Quilty and will continue to watch, but it’s great to see someone new, with different ideas.

I look forward to the rest of the episodes.

Melissa