Quilters Don’t Just Quilt

Quilt Out Loud! | Episode 303 | September 2011-Week 1

After a 30-year hiatus, the swan boats are back on the lake in Asbury Park, New Jersey and guess who’s pedaling them? Mark and Jodie! Well, Jodie; Mark’s being lazy. The floating duo take to the dock for their What’s Up? segment to show an array of quilt related “finds”. Jodie shares a video taped at Quilt Market with Kay Capps Cross who demonstrates a simple way to have quilt labels at the ready so every quilt you make will be labeled as it should. Mark encourages quilters to join him in keeping an art journal because this stretches the creative muscle which is good for your primary craft of quilting.

Sterling Silver jewelry featuring quilt designs
Girlfriends at Sea fabric line by Debbie Mumm for Northcott, www.northcott.com available at your local quilt shop

EZ Trimmer thread cutting tool
Should Mark wear his typewriter Key bracelet? Cast your “yes/no” vote on Facebook. Search for and “like” QNNtv.com. Post your answer on our page and you can win a prize!

Hand Therapy lotion by Mary Ellen Cosmetics

Continue on to watch part 2 as they get some quilting inspiration from a doll maker.

1. TO: Mark Lapinski

Yes, Mark, keep wearing the typewriter key bracelet. I learned to type (this will definitely date me) on an Underwood Manual Typewriter. Memories, memories…..

Best wishes from Alaska to all of you.

Cheryl Streeter - Wasilla, Alaska, 3 years ago Reply

• Mark:

Yes to the bracelet. You are unique, your jewelry should be unique. Keep it!

Speedo? Really? We want pics!!!

And, quit picking on Jodie, we need her too.

Shelley Gardner, 3 years ago Reply

• I too would keep it. I’ve seen a number of men wear bracelets, whether it is gold, leather, beads etc., so you are fine. Pretty cool bracelet!

Wismom, 3 years ago Reply

2. Sure Mark should wear his bracelet. Looks good. I remember learning how to type on a typewriter with those kind of keys. Linda

Linda Martindale, 3 years ago Reply

3. To: Mark Lapinski

Yes, Keep wearing the bracelet. It is always good to express yourself. Don’t let other intimidate your choices. The typewriter keys are so original and fun.

Tammy Wilcox – Chenango Forks, NY

Tammy Wilcox - Chenango Forks, NY, 3 years ago Reply

4. MARK PLEASE WEAR THAT VERY MASCULINE BRACELET! THE FACT YOU ARE A WRITER AND YOU FOUND THE BRACELET (IN MY OPINION) IT’S KARMA, FATE, HIGHER POWER, ECT. LOVE THE SHOW!! MARTHA HALE, DECATUR ALABAMA.

MARTHA HALE, 3 years ago Reply

5. Mark, You must keep wearing your typewriter key bracelet. I think it would be perfect for any gender of the human species. It looks great and is certainly an inspiration for any writer. Speaking of writers, my sister self-published her first book. I would love to purchase a typewriter key bracelet for her. You know, a little surprise for her to celebrate her first book. Would you think it terrible of me to ask where I might get one for her. I would be ever indebted to you, well, I won’t go that far. Let me just say I would be thrilled to get one for her. I am so proud of her and she would probably cry when she opened it up. We cry when we are
    extremely happy, Go figure.
    My sister’s book is on Amazon.com. Her name is Debra Ice. The title of her book is “Vicissitudes: the ups and downs and changes experienced in a lifetime…”. I thought since you a writer, you might like to give it a gander.
    I love “Quilting Out Loud”. I am so glad I joined QCA last year. I especially love you and Jodi. I not only learn but am entertained at the same time. You all make things so much fun.
    Praying you get a kidney soon so you can leave and run around and stop all the waiting. Looking forward to the day when I hear you are toting a new kidney and on the mend. I have had some kidney problems before and “it ain’t any fun, baby!!”
    Until that day comes, keep yourself in stitches!!!

Candi Gordon, 3 years ago Reply

6. Mark, I love the typewriter bracelet & I think it is very appropriate for a guy. A fan from the Shenandoah Valley, Virginia

Anna Diehl Davis, 3 years ago Reply

7. Mark, you should wear the typewriter key bracelet always. I believe it can be worn by any gender of the human race!! Being a writer, even though you most likely use a computer, should remind you of the years when an author had to hit those keys a lot harder!!! Things are getting better all the time. I know while I am working on a project, I reflect back on my grandmother who quilted such beautiful quilts completely by hand and think how much she would have loved all the notions and gadgets that make quilting so much easier.

My sister just published her first book and I would love to get a typewriter key bracelet for her. I wanted to get her something to celebrate her sharing her story with the world. Would you think it rude of me to ask where you purchased your bracelet? Heck, I don’t care if you think I am rude or not…where did you get it?

On a more personal note, I am hoping and praying that you will soon get a new kidney. I would love to see you runnning around and not having to stay so close to home. I am anxious to see you at market and a lot of other door knocks. I still enjoy your local door knocks but I know you’re anxious to get out there among a lot more of those fabulous quilters and gifted artists!!!

In the meantime, keep yourself in stitches, baby!! Love ya’

Candi Gordon, 3 years ago Reply

8. Mark, you should wear the typewriter key bracelet always. I believe it can be worn by any gender of the human race!! Being a writer, even though you most likely use a computer, should remind you of the years when an author had to hit those keys a lot harder!!! Things are getting better all the time. I know while I am working on a project, I reflect back on my grandmother who quilted such beautiful quilts completely by hand and think how much she would have loved all the notions and gadgets that make quilting so much easier.

In the meantime, keep yourself in stitches, baby!! Love ya’

Candi Gordon, 3 years ago Reply

9. Yep, Mark. I love that bracelet! You need to wear it! It is so you!

Kathe Navarro, 3 years ago Reply

10. I love the bracelet. Keep on wearing it! It is perfect for you.
    xoxo
    L

Leslie Tucker Jenison, 3 years ago Reply

11. yes keep it if it makes you happy who cares what others say , its cool.

louise raymond aka weze, 3 years ago Reply

12. Keep the alpha bracelet! its unique.. It’s perfect for you it matches your personality. And no, its does not look feminine. I would love to have one as well. Love unique jewelry.

Twitter: brklynquilter