How to Crazy Quilt Using an Embroidery Machine

Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting | 1800 | Episode 1802

In this quilting video, Marianne welcomes sewing specialist Diane Aholt to make a fun and easy quilt project. They teach how to crazy quilt using an embroidery machine, how to add lining to the project in the hoop, and how to apply decorative stitches to crazy quilt segments and seam lines. Temporary adhesive spray helps hold this tiny project together. Using appliqué scissors will ensure tiny cuts are done right.  The result is a colorful and zany scissor holder!

•Learn more about the LoQ 1800 Series here or on DVD!

View a full list of supplies used in this episode.

•Instructions for the scissor holder are available at Babylock.com.

Scissor holder               1800 Series DVD         F&P 6 1/2″ scissors

Materials: A link to the Crazy Quilt Scissor Holder and materials will be available after the class is purchased.

1. Where do I get the embroidery pattern for the scissor holder? Very cute project, but I can’t find the download for the pattern.

Cheri Fleming, 11 months ago Reply

• Go to Baby Lock…Under Embroidery Projects typ Scissor Holder and download what says PDF. This actually has the machine information in it. Hope this helps.

Beth, 10 months ago Reply

2. Where do I find the download for the embroidery machine to program into my embroidery machine. You mentioned we can load it on our jump drive. I am not locating this on BabyLock site.

Marcia Stewart, 11 months ago Reply

3. I am currently logged with my password with an active account. I see the two embroidery designs, but the files are empty or not active. Is it too late to get the embroidery designs to make the scissor holder?

Beth, 8 months ago Reply

• Hi Beth– there is a mistake on our end and we’ll begin working on it immediately. You should still have access to these files.

QNNtv.com Staff

Sheyenne, 8 months ago Reply

• thank You! I can hardly wait to make one!

Beth, 7 months ago Reply