How to Bind A Quilt

Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting | 1900 | Episode 1913

This episode is for those of you who have asked for help binding your quilt. The process of binding a quilt is one of Marianne’s favorites. Marianne and Mary share the basics of how to make French-fold straight grain binding, how to miter corners of your binding, and how to join quilt binding ends with no lumps. You will find that a stiletto helps feed the binding through, and don’t forget a pencil to make your marks. Pins also make the binding process go smoothly.

Learn more about the “Love of Quilting” TV series and find a full list of supplies for the 1900 series at FonsandPorter.com.

Mechanical Pencil w/ Refill           4 1/2 x 4 1/2 Omnigrid Ruler                     Fons & Porter’s Binding Tool

1. You have an email advertising all these videos, shows, tips and hints, but it is impossible to get to them! Once I sign in, I can’t find a way to get back to the show that’s in the email. If it’s Fons & Porter TV show, why can’t I get it in the list that shows up when I finish my sign in? They show everything but the one I want! Drives me crazy and I just leave the site without seeing the show I wanted!

Carol Leak, 3 months ago Reply

2. I’ve been trying to watch the binding show for Fons and Porter’s Love of Quilting. It says I’m a paid subscriber (sometimes) and other times it doesn’t recognize that I’m logged in. When it does recognize me, there’s no video box where it tells me to click to play. It’s very disappointing that I’ve also registered a request for help, and no one has even responded except with the automated answer. There’s no phone number anymore to call for help. I’m very frustrated!

Pam Butler, 3 months ago Reply

3. The time is also off, because when I just commented, it said my comment was made 6 hours ago instead of 2 seconds ago.

Pam Butler, 3 months ago Reply

4. I see I am not the only one that doesn’t have a play button for this video. I sent in a complaint and they said no one else was having trouble. They haven’t fixed it yet. Typical fons and Porter, no service service.

Debbie, 4 weeks ago Reply

• Hi Debbie– what browser are you using? We are aware of some issues with the Firefox browser not showing the play button immediately and usually refreshing the page and waiting for it to fully load does the trick.

QNNtv.com Sheyenne

Sheyenne, 2 weeks ago Reply

5. I don’t have the play button either. I’ve tried both IE and Google Chrome and set them for compatibility. I was able to play the preview one time while logged in but no play button for actual video.

Sharon B, 2 weeks ago Reply

• Sharon – this is a puzzle because both the preview and full video use the same type of coding. Are you having this issue with all other paid videos?

QNNtv Sheyenne