Quilting with Templates & Rulers with Kimmy Brunner: Part 1

Quilt It | September 2012 | Episode 306

For her third appearance on Quilt It!, The Longarm Quilting Show, Kimmy Brunner shows us that for precision work that mimics the perfection of computerized quilting, templates and rulers are your new best friend. Kimmy uses templates either to create intricate and precise designs or to create the bones or skeleton of the design that she will later fill in with freehand work.

Learn more about this month’s episode by clicking here.

Then head over to Part 2 of this series and watch how to mark guidelines for your quilt templates.

1. Kimmy is an amazing quilter and teacher, great information

Chris, 2 years ago Reply

2. Kim I just love the magic that you make happen with your quilting.

jeannette, 2 years ago Reply

3. Love the stars. I’m doing 2 QOV quilts right now and I’ll definitely use that in one of those quilts! Can’t wait for the next episode.

Sue Daurio, 2 years ago Reply

4. I really enjoyed this episode, easy to understand, I have a mid arm machine but still could use her approach and patterns. I hope she will show how to make feathers. Took several classes and still get them up side down.There has to be an easier way. Still dreaming about getting a long arm. I hope that they make that extension table for my machine, that would make usage of a ruler easy, right now it does not work.

Grada Lamb, 2 years ago Reply

5. When/where is the next segment where Kimmy does curves? I thought it was coming right up after the commercials???

Susan, 2 years ago Reply

• It’ll go live next week. I know, that line only works when we put the show up as a complete show in the fourth week on the month. Didn’t mean to lead you on!
      ~Jodie

jdavis, 2 years ago Reply

6. I am logged in, but there is no way to have this video start. All I have are the Pin It, Twitter, and Facebook icons to post to. what is the problem?

Cathy Beaty, 2 years ago Reply

7. I love the way these stars come out. But I’m confused….what is the pattern drawn on? Papper or on the actural quilt? Sorry I just am not sure just by watching the video.

Norma Hector, 2 years ago Reply

8. I really enjoyed this segment of Kimmy’s, can’t hardly wait for the next one. I’m getting ready to use rulers with my quilting & this was excellent as I was wanting to do stars too.

Jan M, 2 years ago Reply

9. I’ve signed up to take a class from Kimmy at the Houston Quilt Festival this year. After watching her teach I can’t wait to take the class!

Valerie, 2 years ago Reply

10. Great designs! I’m even more excited that after carefully watching and listening to Kimmy, I now know how to use the Precision Stitch on my Fusion.

I never used it after day one. When you stop, the needle may be part way in the middle of a stitch and ends in the air, even though you have the needle down selected. If you just click on the stop/start just like you would do in cruise control that needle will go down. I can’t wait to try this method on my Fusion!

Valerie W, 2 years ago Reply

11. I cannot watch the videos. My membership is good until 9-13-2015 and I can log in, but can’t watch. I can watch the free one, but none of the rest.

Lauranette Lewellen, 2 years ago Reply

• Please contact cusotmer service at 888-253-0201 and we will gladly get you on the QNNtv.com. It is a little hard to troubleshoot through a post.

Customer Service, 2 years ago Reply

12. Has my subscription expired?

Anita knighton, 1 year ago Reply

13. Loved this episode. I can now actually do this on my quilts. Such a simple way to get stars and diamonds and make them look precise and special. I can’t wait to see her next demonstrations! Thank you!

Sharon McDougal, 1 year ago Reply