Thread Painting with Artist Ellen Anne Eddy, Part 2

Quilt It | July 2012 | Episode 304, Part 2

Ellen Anne Eddy works her quilt magic with hand dyed fabrics and lots and lots of thread.  Many of her exquisite creatures and flora are stitched separately using bobbin work and then later attached to the quilt. Watch this longarm quilting artist show you how she creates her magic!

Please watch part 3 of this series about thread painting techniques here.

1. I can not access any videos. I get the message below but there is no play button.

You have purchased access to this video. Click “play” above to view. If you have any difficulties viewing the video, please contact us for help.

Please advise

valerie, 2 years ago Reply

• Valerie,
      There’s an arrow in the center of the video when you first bring it up. if that isn’t there, look at the bar below. There should be a little arrow on the left. Click on that.
      Jodie

jdavis, 2 years ago Reply

2. Unable to view video.

Alesia Williams, 2 years ago Reply

• Alesia it should come up automatically. Right now this video is for free.

jdavis, 2 years ago Reply

3. My Dell Computer very slow , purchased in 03. It has been upgraded, worked on several times but we aren’t at the point where we know what we want to do about it.

I need technical advice. The picture comes through but the sound cannot keep up with speed of the picture.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Peggy Hinkle, 2 years ago Reply

• Peggy, you may need to change the quality of the video coming through. It may be that your computer can’t keep up with the highest quality files that are coming through.
      See the bar below the video? Click on the right most thingie that looks like a bullet list. You’ll see five icons come up, click on the left-most. Then you can choose one that require lesser bandwidth.
      I just checked and the audio is in synch, so maybe this will help alleviate what sounds like a bottleneck. Good luck!

jdavis, 2 years ago Reply

4. Hi, I have attached my laptop to my tv to watch the shows.( Love the quilt it show) The quality of that show is very poor and not clear. I have good reception on other online shows and am wondering why it is so blurry for that one. Our tv is only a year old so that isn’t the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Renee, 2 years ago Reply

• I’ve had the same problem. It is because the show isn’t filmed with a High Definition camera and your TV is an HD. High Def cameras were/are expensive. I’ve noticed some shows are clearer than others. Maybe they were filmed more recently (the clearer ones). It’s not YOUR equipment. At least that is my understanding of the blurry pictures on a large screen.

Cheri Fleming, 2 years ago Reply

5. Can the techniques be used with a Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 30 machine

Brenda Maloney-, 2 years ago Reply

• Yes, Brenda, in fact many techniques seen on the show can be sewn on a domestic machine. When machine quilting started we didn’t have the wonderful longarm machines we do now. The HQ Sweet Sixteen gives you a whole lot more room to work with, so it’s way easier to work with. I simply have a hard time working the bulk of a quilt under my domestic machine as I quilt.
      So try it and have fun!

jdavis, 2 years ago Reply

6. I need to know where I can buy the hoop (Halo) that Ellen Anne Eddy uses in her long arm video Episode 304, part 2.
    Thanks for any information you can give me.
    E. Jedrey

Elaine, 2 years ago Reply

• Elaine, I emailed Ellen, here’s her reply:

Hi Jodie!
      It’s available through Brewer Sewing, so most stores should be able to get them. Sharon Shamber developed it. It should be available from her at http://www.sharonschamber.com/ .

Ellen

jdavis, 2 years ago Reply

7. Can’t view video Episode 304 but can view 305??? Don’t ask me to click on anything on the screen because there is NO screen.

Donna Brown, 2 years ago Reply

8. Episode 304, Part 2 – there is no video, no ‘Play’ arrow, nothing but a thin white outline. Other videos, no problem. `Sue

Susan Dow, 2 years ago Reply

9. not able to access the second part. there is no arrow or play button. perhaps you would like to visit the site as I see I am not the only person to have trouble. am enjoying other episodes just fine so believe the trouble may be on your side.

sandy smith, 2 years ago Reply

10. I have been having continual problems with playing videos and having them freeze up. I am using a Dell XPS with plenty of memory, Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9.0.8, and Flash software that automatically updates to the latest version. I can see that my PC instantly buffers all of the video, but then when the video freezes, the buffer is empty. Is this some kind of time-out issue?

I can play the same videos on my old XP machine with no problem. I’m getting very frustrated, and would like to find a real solution. Have you consulted with Microsoft to help find a solution? is it a QNNTV problem, a software incompatibility problem? Some setting on my PC that I can change? I have a cable connection that runs at 58Mbps. Thanks, Joan

Joan Bates, 2 years ago Reply

• Just checked with our video guy and indeed there is an explanation as to why you all were having problems last week and I’m not right now. When he put it up there was an incorrect setting, but by the time he discovered it some of you had tried to watch it. Please accept our apologies!

jdavis, 2 years ago Reply

11. I can’t view the 2nd part either. I can view all others just fine.

Gwen Hammer, 2 years ago Reply

12. I am having the same issue, I cannot view part 2 of episode 304. I can view the others just fine. Hopefully this gets fixed quickly as I am excited to see this video!

Mary, 2 years ago Reply

13. I still cannot start any video. I paid my dues for the year, but have never seen a video. All I get is the advertisement video to buy the subscription! What a waste of $29.95

Barb Schoenauer, 2 years ago Reply

• Be sure that you are using Google Chrome Browser, as this works best for our videos. AOL doesn’t play friendly and will give log in problems. If still unsuccessful then please call custoemr service at 888-253-0201 and we will gladly get you in and watching the videos on QNNtv.com

Customer Service, 2 years ago Reply