Finishing a Quilt on the Longarm Machine, Part 3

Quilt It! | September | Episode 206, Part 3

Since Kimmy Brunner showed us how to work our quilts from the top- down while keeping them flat, in this video she will show tips on finishing the quilt straight on the longarm machine.

For the last part of the quilt, you want to make sure the bottom seam line is nice and straight. Before you quilt in your last blocks, you want to straighten it and stitch in the ditch.

1. I love Kimmy’s videos! Can’t tell you how helpful this most recent lesson was-can’t wait to use my new knowlege-thank you!

Pat Jackson, 3 years ago Reply

2. Thinking of signing up but can’t view from the IPAD yet. When will that be available?

Bev, 3 years ago Reply

• Bev, an actual iPad app is in the works, but you should be able to view the videos on your iPad right now. Each and every video was reconverted so that there are versions for every device. They used to be just flash for the old site, but now they are optimized to work in an html player.
      I’m an Android girl so I can’t say that I’ve tried it on the iPad but others in the company have. Let me know!
      ~Jodie

jdavis, 3 years ago Reply

3. Great teaching! Thanks.

Sharon Clarke, 3 years ago Reply

4. Loved Kimmy I am learning alot I’ve had my machine for about 2 months and still haven’t used it yet. Afraid to use it!

Viriginia, 3 years ago Reply

5. At the end of each video you mention that to find out more about the tools and materials offered by the presenter go to QNNtv.com. I have not had any success in finding this information. Please explain how I can access this information. Thank you.

Cheryl, 3 years ago Reply

• In the old site it was a in a different location. You had to find “episode notes” and go to it. But now it’s right below the video.
      Hey, wait a minute, you’re right, it’s not there for Quilt It! The Longarm Quilting Show. Here’s an example of the way it should be. They’re there for Quilt Out Loud!:
      I’m on it Cheryl. Thanks for pointing it out!

jdavis, 3 years ago Reply

6. I’ll be watching Episode 206, all 3 parts, over and over again. Those of us who are beginners need more of the basics…very helpful. Thanks!!!!!

Betsy, 3 years ago Reply

7. I enjoyed very much Kimmy’s videos on longarm quilting. I got so many helps on setting up a straight quilt and keeping it straight. She was very simple and easy to understand and also things I can apply to my quilting as a beginner. Thank you

Mary Ann, 3 years ago Reply

8. I love Kimmy’s great tips. She doesn’t mention using side clamps on the quilt, does she still use them each time after making sure the quilt is squared?

Karen, 3 years ago Reply