Machine Quilting with Bump Back Feather Technique, Week 2

Quilt It! | Judy Woodworth | Episode 205, Part 2

Judy Woodworth is back on the show to talk about free motion quilting gadgets and supplies.

One of her favorite threads to use for free motion quilting is the YLI silver metallic silk thread for many reasons, which she discusses in the video. Then she explains a lesser known method of machine quilting called the bump back feather technique. The bump back feather quilting technique is a little different than the original continuous line quilting. Video explains how to do it with Judy in action on the machine!

Then watch part 3 next.

1. As a member, I’d love to know my coupon code. Thanks.

M2, 3 years ago Reply

• Your coupon code is posted on your Pemium Membership Benefits area on your home page of Quilters club of America under the QNNtv.com log.

Customer Service, 3 years ago Reply

2. Does anyone know where I can get the pattern for the purple and yellow quilt that is behind Jodi as she is advertising YLI threads??

Kathy, 3 years ago Reply

3. I am curious about whether she is sewing with the stitch regulator or not. If she is, perhaps you could share with us the exact settings. It looks and sounds quite different and very smooth.
    Thanks.

Michelle, 3 years ago Reply

4. Has anyone been able to get episode one of this segment? I cannot and this one makes me want to see just what she had to say.

Keep up the good work.

Marg, 3 years ago Reply

• Marg, click on “Browse Shows”, then the show name, and then the series (220). Right now it’s the fourth one listed, so on the right top line of video thumbnails. They are loaded now in order, with the newest first.

jdavis, 3 years ago Reply

5. With the launching of the new site, there are a few glitches to work out. Our technical team is working very diligently to get all of the data tranferred over correctly. Please be patient with us & give us at least a few more days to get everything worked out correctly. We intend on having everyone’s data converted by the end of this week.

One big hint though, that we are finding with others that have called in with this same problem, be sure that you are typing in the address bar http://www.qnntv.com & not linking through a favorites or a bookmark. As that bookmark will take you to the old website, which is shut down now & will give you that invalid login creditial information. So, try that & if that doesn’t work then it is probably something on our end that we are asking you to be patient with us on.

Tiffiny Bond
    Customer Service manager
    Qnntv.com

tbond, 3 years ago Reply

6. I’m very disappointed in your new website:( So far, it’s taken me over 45 minutes to watch the latest episode of Quilt It! The Longarm Quilting Show because the video kept freezing and only running a few seconds at a time. I never had this problem except occasionally on you previous website. I hope this is something temporary because I figured I would just need 15+ minutes to watch Judy Woodworth. I’ve devoted nearly an hour and can’t see or hear everything because the video keeps jumping. I’ll keep coming back, but, if this continues, I won’t be renewing my membership. It’s just too frustrating to watch this!

Rosie Westerhold, 3 years ago Reply

• Rosie, In order to improve the video quality of the videos on the new site, and be able to make them bigger so you can see them better, we re-encoded all of the videos. Afew went wonky. So we have reviewed all of them and re-encoded the naughty ones. These are being loaded on the system currently. Sorry for the inconvenience!

jdavis, 3 years ago Reply

7. I am brand new to machine quilting. I love watching Quilt It! It has inspired me and has made me a true believer that I CAN do this! Is it okay to ask that this wonderful show never ever be taken away?

Ann W., 3 years ago Reply

• Ann, TELL OUR SPONSORS! They make it possible for us to bring you the shows!
      And thanks for the kind words ;) ~Jodie

jdavis, 3 years ago Reply

8. Joyce click on “Browse Shows” and then Quilt It! then 200 series. It is the fourth video in right now, the one on the top right. They are now in order, so the newest (the full epeisode for August) is the latest video right now.

jdavis, 3 years ago Reply

9. Trixi, what can we help you with? I apologize. Customer Support is very busy with the new launch. The first step is to make sure you’re logged in. For some people the site isn’t taking their login so customer service has had to reset it.

jdavis, 3 years ago Reply

10. Helen, When the videos first loads there’s a circular arrow over the screen. If that’s not there mouse over the video and a bar will come up at the bottom that has controls on it. You’ll see an arrow on the left. Click on that and it will play.

jdavis, 3 years ago Reply

11. I noticed on the video’s that the machine doesn’t sound as noisey as mine does. Mine seems to pound. Is there something I can do to correct this or is there something I am doing wrong?

KHutchinson, 2 years ago Reply