Sashiko Machine Quilting Techniques, Part 1

Quilting Celebrations | March 2012 | Episode 201, Part 1

It’s a new season of Quilting Celebrations with Patrick Lose and Patrick has a new “toy”. He’s always been a fan of hand-stitched embellishment on his applique projects and now Baby Lock has a machine that produces the same look in a fraction of the time for those who aren’t as fond of stitching by hand. He’s designed a cute Easter Bunny placemat for this episode and he’ll show you how the Sashiko machine can add even more character to it. In the first segment, Patrick has invited guest Kay Capps-Cross back to his studio to play with the machine and the two will show examples of what they were able to accomplish with it and talk a little bit about the art of traditional Japanese Sashiko.

1. Hi,
    I hope the quality of this season’s episodes is not reflected in this episode. I have been watching since the beginning of Quilting Celebrations last year. Today’s episode is so blurry that it is difficult to make out the stitching that is the focus of the episode!
    I know Quillty and Quilt Out Loud are having technical problems, so I hope this is temporary.

Karen, 2 years ago Reply

• Hi Karen – Thanks for watching and following Quilting Celebrations! Can you take a look at the video again – or at least parts of it? I had the same complaint when it was first available but, after seeing your comment, I watched again and it looks better to me now than it did. I’d like to know if there’s any improvement to you…?

I look forward to hearing from you :)

Patrick, 2 years ago Reply

• Hi Patrick,
        Thanks for responding. I watched the episode again, and I don’t see any improvement. Kaye Capps Cross, one of my favorites since watching your show this year, had some beautiful examples, but I couldn’t make out the stitching or even the design in some areas. It helped somewhat by not going to full screen.
        I really enjoy your show, and hope that the “kinks” can be worked out.

Karen, 2 years ago Reply

• I’m sorry about this, Karen. It’s looking good on my screen so I’m wondering if it’s your monitor….? I will definitely forward your comments.

Patrick, 2 years ago Reply

• Hi Patrick,
            I just watched Part 2 of this episode, and it is fine and clear.
            Episode 1 is still blurry. I guess I’ll have to just have to forget Episode 1. Your earlier episodes come through just fine as well.
            Thanks for trying.

Karen, 2 years ago

2. That’s good to hear, Karen. How about trying to view the entire episode when it becomes available the last week of this month? Maybe then you can see the beginning of the show without the blurriness :) Thanks for sticking with us! Cheers – Patrick

Patrick, 2 years ago Reply

3. Still having the problem of the video blur that karen mentioned. The bottom 1/3 of the screen has the buffering look. I will wait until the end of the month to watch. I so enjoy your monthly class room, hope to visit your shop in August. I know it iwll be hotter then =====. But I can stand that I live in Humid TX

Carylanne, 2 years ago Reply

• Hi Carylanne – The full episode should be available by tomorrow so take another look. I’m glad you’re enjoying the show and hope you’ll tell your friends! We’ll look forward to seeing you in August. It’s HOT but we keep it nice and cool in the studio. I’m from humid Iowa so I know what you mean ;-)

Patrick, 2 years ago Reply