How to Quilt a Checkerboard Pattern

| Quilty | 329

Learn tips on sewing checkerboards like in the “Old School Cool” quilt by It’s Sew Emma. This free quilting video demonstrates how to quilt a checkerboard pattern. The quilt, Old School Cool, is featured in the September/October Issue of Quilty magazine. Love Quilty? Then be sure to visit HeyQuilty.com and watch free Quilty episodes at QNNtv.com/quilty and Facebook.com/qnntv!

For a limited time, there are “Old School Cool” quilt kits available at ShopFonsandPorter.com!

•Check out Quilty on DVD available at ShopQuilty.com!

Irish Chain Digital Pattern          Old School Cool Digital Pattern        Tangerine Dream Digital Pattern

1. I love the rough tacking tip! I’ve been sewing granny squares blocks and this will really help speed things up.

jodie, 1 year ago Reply

2. I thought the title said “How to quilt a checkerboard pattern”, it should be “How to piece a checkerboard pattern”. I was hoping for tips on actual “quilting” of this pattern.

Cheryl Curlee, 1 year ago Reply

3. Goose in the Mud would be goose chase blocks that fell on the floor and got dirty.LOL!

Sharon, 1 year ago Reply

4. I agree with Sharon. I was looking forward to some ideas about longarm quilting checkerboards….especially since they are so much a part of Irish Chain quilts.

Judy, 1 year ago Reply

5. “How to Quilt a Checkerboard Pattern” should be retitled “How to Piece a Checkerboard Pattern”.

lkl, 1 year ago Reply

6. Goose in the Mud would make a good Blocks a Go Go video!
    Something new for everyone. An original Marianne Fons block! ;-)

Karen, 1 year ago Reply

7. I am so looking forward to seeing that “Goose in the Mud” block! It has got to me cute.

GrannyO, 1 year ago Reply