How to Make a Card Trick Quilt Block

| Quilty | 324

Mary demonstrates how to make a card trick quilt block using half square triangles and quarter square triangles. The quilt Russian Card Trick is featured in Quilty Nov/Dec ’13. Mary suggests using a design wall for this “wonky” quilt block.

Watch free Quilty episodes at www.QNNtv.com/quilty and www.Facebook.com/qnntv! Check out Quilty on DVD available at www.ShopQuilty.com.

Russian Card Trick Digital Pattern   Quilty Nov/Dec 2013                  Oliso Smart Iron

1. Thanks for another Blocks-a-GoGo tutorial. Love them.

Karen, 1 year ago Reply

2. I enjoy Quilty and I really appreciate the free quilting videos.
    A lot of the other quilting sites require you to pay for their
    videos so I just want to say thank you for the freebies!

Michele, 1 year ago Reply

3. Thanks for a great demo on the card trick block. I may even attempt to make it!

Sandy Gorbe, 1 year ago Reply

4. Hi, Mary! I watched your video and didn’t see any size reference. Maybe I missed that piece of information, but I plugged on and made a large block. Now, 3 more blocks, and I’ll have enough to add borders and make into a little boy’s quilt. Thanks so much for the video!

Renee, 1 year ago Reply

5. Very good. I enjoyed the video tremendously.

Edna, 1 year ago Reply

6. Thanks for breaking this block down. I have seen it many times lately and would like to try it. Love the quilt in the background also. Where can I find the pattern?

Brenda Halsey, 1 year ago Reply

• Hi Brenda – this pattern will be available in the November/December 2013 issue of Quilty magazine. Thank you!

kloeffelholz, 1 year ago Reply

7. Thanks for the great tutorial! Also, I would like to know what model Baby Lock machine you have. Looks like a great machine!

Danielle Roberts, 12 months ago Reply