How to Make a Creative Quilt Back

| Quilty | 316

The back of your quilt is as open to your creativity as the front. Mary shows you how big your back should be and offers ideas for fun “surprises” on the flipside using unique fabric. Like the quilt feature in the video? Check out Pink Waves featured in Quilty Summer 2012. For more fantastic quilting tips and ideas pick up Quilty the magazine, visit HeyQuilty.com or watch Quilty Season 2 on DVD!

Fabric Color Theory        Pink Waves Digital Pattern               Multi Herringbone Fabric

1. Love, love, love the quilt on the wall in back of you!

Karen, 1 year ago Reply

2. The quality of the video for Quilty re backing was very poor. Picture very blurred and the pop up reading was unreadable.

Dianna Willstaedt, 1 year ago Reply

• I had the same problem – wondered if it was my computer

Marilyn Schrader, 1 year ago Reply

• I had this same problem. It looked pixelated. I have watched many of the other episodes and this was the only one I have trouble with.
      What fixed it for me – Go to the bar at the bottom of the video, where you can play or pause it. On mine – on the far right is a symbol that looks like 3 dots and 3 lines. Click on it and click on it again when a slightly larger one shows up just above. Change the resolution to high. Worked for me. Don’t know why it was just this one that did that.

Nancy, 1 year ago Reply

3. This video is very poor quality and standard. If this keeps up I will be taking my subscription elsewhere. I am finding the video’s are also very out of adate also. I also have membership to the Quilt Show and these little video’s are sadly neglecting! So I think I will not be renewing my subscription to any of my magazines as well. Quilter World Magazine was wonderful and I had access to all the back issues with my subscription. I liked that, plus I didn’t get spammed all the time too! One of my subscriptions I am unsure of who but they have given my email address and details out and now I’m getting spammed all the time. When it comes time to renewing my subscriptions I will be thinking very hard to whether you really deserve my subscriptions. McCalls, Love of Quilting and QuiltersNewsletter Magazine.

Julie Anne Beard, 1 year ago Reply

4. I did not have any trouble viewing this program. It may be that the folks who did may not have downloaded an appropriate player on their computer. The programs are helpful both to new and experienced quilters since you can always learn something new. Thanks for sharing!

Camille, 1 year ago Reply

5. The video was really fuzzy yesterday but today it is beautifully clear. If it doesn’t work for you, try another time and it will probably work. Great episode – I have always wanted to make a pieced back and this episode gave some great ideas.

Holly, 1 year ago Reply

6. I cannot watch this
    It is so blurry and out of focus
    Ilse

Ilse, 1 year ago Reply

7. Video poor quality. Not clear. Sorry.

Harriett Williams, 1 year ago Reply

8. Video is not watchable! Other videos on qnntv and other Quilty videos are fine but not this one.

Chris, 1 year ago Reply

• Thank you for letting us know. We have forwarded this over to the tech department for further investigation.
      Customer Service

ysmith, 1 year ago Reply

9. I didn’t have any problems with any part of the video, It was clear and concise, and the thing I did see was that the dubbing did not match up, with what she was saying but it wasn’t that far off.

carole hill, 1 year ago Reply

10. I had no trouble watching the video and I enjoyed it very much. Like your first viewer, I love the quilt on the wall behind you. Can we find out what pattern that is or which magazine it was in?

Thank you for all your help.

Bobbie, 1 year ago Reply

11. The video was very clear on my computer…..no problems at all.

Dawn, 1 year ago Reply

12. No problems with the video here, but then we have the latest, greatest new computer. Our old one had problems with video streaming. (it was 7 years old)

Leann, 1 year ago Reply

13. After submitting my comment I have a clear picture.

Shirley Conner, 1 year ago Reply

14. I don’t understand what the viewers want. Quilty is a beginners
    Quilting show and that’s want Mary Is doing, and she is brilliant on the subject. I love your mannerisms, you are perfect just the way you are.
    Don,t your viewers know how hateful they are.. if. anyone watching
    Isn’t happy with this show, then put your hatchet down and turn it off.as for me I love you Mary and you have a fan!!!!!!!

Carolyn

Carolyn

Carolyn lenfest, 1 year ago Reply

15. Mary, I just watched the episode about doing something special to the back of our quilts. I recently made my niece a twin quilt. She has two kitties. I used a rubber stamp and “correct’ stamp pad for fabric and made paw prints as if a kitty had wandered across the back of the quilt. I then quilted around the paw prints in case the ink does wash out at some point. It was more time consuming than sewing in a panel, etc. but the effect was so cute. Thanks for your videos.

Linda Carlile, 1 year ago Reply

16. I had some problems with the video stopping a couple of minutes into it, but tried again an hour or so later & it worked fine. Perhaps it has something to do with how busy your ISP’s bandwidth is. This was good to get the juices flowing.
    A few years ago I had a quilt that came up short on one end while on the frame (in spite of leaving 6″ of spare backing — it just wasn’t enough!). So I took some of the leftover fabrics, made enough blocks at half-size to go all the way across & ran a border across the backing to fill in the last 9″. Once I finished the quilting & bound it, it looked great! What a treat when you turn the quilt down to expose that strip across the back that matches the front! A happy accident!! Definitely something I’ll try again.

Karen W, 1 year ago Reply