How to Make Quarter Square Triangles!

| Quilty | 310

You’ll need “QSTs” again and again in your quilts. Learn what they are and how to easily make them on today’s informative episode. Cut half-square and quarter-square triangles from the same width strips using Fons & Porter Half & Quarter tool.

Hello Handsome by Nancy Downey is a fabulous example of how to use triangles! Hello Handsome’s full article can be found in the March/April issue of Quilty magazine. Don’t forget to check out Hello Handsome’s kit and digital pattern at FonsandPorter.com!

Hello, Handsome Quilt by Nancy Downey

Hello, Handsome Quilt by Nancy Downey

1. I cannot access the PDF about the fast way to sew the hourglass unit

Linda, 1 year ago Reply

• Greetings from Australia Linda I have just responded to Jenean (sorry for the incorrect spelling Jenean) who has the same issue. I have just accessed the PDF link via the link below:
      which is actually demonstrated by a gentleman but with a link to this PDF on the same page, just highlight the link, right click and the PDF emerges. Hope this is successful for you.

Joan McKenzie, 1 year ago Reply

• I can’t access it either

Elaine, 1 year ago Reply

• Dear Linda,
      What kind of an error message are you getting? What kind of a device are you working with?
      Customer Service

ysmith, 1 year ago Reply

2. I love the half square/quarter square triangle segment! No matter how long I sew I must stop and think about bias and which is what!?!
    Great stuff! I will be using this PDF for some time! Thank you so much!
    (Aside from your great relaxed and humorous delivery, I really happen to love your sweater/top…. My daughter wants one… any suggestions?)
    All the best,
    Deb

DebWZ, 1 year ago Reply

3. I loved the video Mary! Very good information! Where would I find the .pdf you talked about in it? Thank you for your assistance!

Elizabeth Johnson, 1 year ago Reply

4. Cross wise grain and it’s amount of stretch is different than straight of grain. Cross wise grain has more stretch than true straight of grain. It does make a difference!

Gail, 1 year ago Reply

5. thank you for the tip hew new i did not know that you can sew a tringle and cut after sewing good tip i will continue washing quilt out loud.

zoraida, 1 year ago Reply

6. Mary, What a lovely quilt in the background. I will be attending a quilting workshop tomorrow and will be making oodles of these half-square triangles!!!! Thanks

Lauren, 1 year ago Reply

7. I cannot access the PDF about the fast way to sew the hourglass unit

frances, 1 year ago Reply

8. I went to heyquilty.com/hourglassunit as it says and your website says that there is no such link. . .

Jenean, 1 year ago Reply

• Greetings from Australia Jeanean,
      I have just access the PDF link via the link below:
      which is actually demonstrated by a gentleman with a link to this PDF on the same page, just copy the link, right click this link and the PDF emerges. Not the quickest way I know but it works for me.

Joan McKenzie, 1 year ago Reply

9. Wonderful blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you advise starting with a free platform like WordPress or
    go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m totally confused .. Any tips? Thanks a lot!

Ecommerce, 1 year ago Reply