This is My Quilt with Special Guest Erika Mulvenna

| Quilty | 304

Erika Mulvenna shares her very first “modern” quilt and she and Mary geek out about vintage fabric. For a complete article and pictures of Erika’s quilt, check out the March/April issue of Quilty magazine. If you are looking for fantastic quilting tips and ideas pick up Quilty the magazine, visit HeyQuilty.com or watch Quilty Season 1 on DVD!

Hint: click on the photos to view Quilty season 1 on DVD and Quilty magazine the March/April issue!

Quilty March April 2013

1. love your quilt Erika! The story about how you got the pretty vintage fabric is great. :) It is so nice to see someone so passionate about quilting, thanks for sharing your quilt for Kate.

Emily Bruzzini, 1 year ago Reply

2. Glad to hear you started quilting. I did the same. I am now crippled& can’t get up stairs to my quilting room. I am waiting to get stair chair lift for my stairs. I can’t wait.

Patricia Hall, 1 year ago Reply

3. there is a fabric shop southwest of Cleveland, Ohio that tears the fabric – they will NOT cut your yardage with a rotary cutting blade.

Rosemarie Ringenbach, 1 year ago Reply

4. Beautiful quilt!

I too started quilting recently (October 2012) after resisting it for so many years! I would continually say that I don’t quilt, but now that I’ve started, I am totally hooked! I’ve just finished my 5th quilt and am now piecing the scraps from my 3rd quilt to make a totally different quilt. My next project will be a chevron quilt (picking up the fabric today).

Carrie, 1 year ago Reply

5. Great story and love the quilt. I have a bunch of my moms old fabric, must be really old as I am 69. need to make something, was thinking about a double wedding ring with them..

Kaye Tufton, 1 year ago Reply

6. Way to go Erikka! Great to see you and your daughters quilt is adorable. Keep on stitchin’ and I’ll keep watching.

Nancy Bednar, 1 year ago Reply

7. Tearing strips is how I made my first quilt…didn’t know you weren’t supposed to!

Sharon Beall, 1 year ago Reply