Quilt Postcards!

| Quilty | Episode 249

Watch Mary demonstrate a fun and unique way to personalize postcards with fabric! This project is great for using pre-cuts. For more fantastic quilting tips and ideas pick up Quilty the magazine, visit HeyQuilty.com or watch Quilty Season 1 on DVD! Like the postcard theme? Check out this book with more fabric postcards!

Hint: click on the photos to view Quilty season 1 and Mary Fons’ Color Theory Class available online or on DVD!

1. I keep saying ” I’m not going to waste my time watching these again” and for some reason I still come in to QNNTV and click on the unseen videos. These are just stupid. So much silliness. Perhaps Quilty should be cut in the new year. Get over yourself Mary Fons, your antics are NOT cute

Carylanne, 1 year ago Reply

• Lol, the video and comment are both hilarious!

Sara, 1 year ago Reply

• If you don’t like it why do you watch it? You’ve no on to blame but yourself since no one is forcing you to watch. And, then you have the nerve to complain? LOL :-) C’mon. If Mary’s style/personality doesn’t suit you that’s no reason to say rude things to her, ma’am. With the millions of videos on sewing that are available online there must be someone else you could be watching instead of actually annoying yourself by watching someone you don’t like. It’s something to think about at least. :-)

Personally, I’ve learned some useful things here and I prefer a lighter, less intense and less fussy type of quilting and sewing. Consequently I prefer the instructors who tend toward that style.

Mary Stephens, 1 year ago Reply

• I agree with Mary Stephens comments. I enjoyed Mary Fons & Quilty Videos. :-)

Jane Pratt, 1 year ago Reply

• I throughly enjoy the lighter side, of Mary Fons. Keep up the good work. She is great for the new quilter. Why does quilting have to be so serious. If that is what you like so be it, don*t watch and create the show that you find beneficial.

Regina, 1 year ago Reply

• I agree with Carylanne. I love the info presented, but putting up with Mary’s twitches, pursed lips and exaggerated movements just gets to be annoying. I will continue to watch for what it teaches, but it’s always with the idea that I know we’re in for a load of drama. I also wonder if the captions that flash on the screen are more of a distraction than necessary; they seldom give any info, but are someone’s idea of humor.

Susan Musar, 1 year ago Reply

• Its not boring and not old … and she gets the point over. I love the magazine and I love the videos. Keep up the good work .. Im new at quilting about 6 years at it and I need all the tips I can get. I love the old fabric and all new vivid colors that are out… and she reminds and inspire me when she is fun and quirky.. you go girl.

deb, 1 year ago Reply

2. I happen to like your antics Mary and keep Quilty coming. By the way I like the quilt in the background. Could you please give me the name and is there a pattern available.

Pauline, 1 year ago Reply

3. The postcard was not a good as I expected. I attach my front quilted artwork to batting, quilt/decorate, and then attach to a watercolor postcard ready to write on and mail. I attach around the edges with a decorated stitch – zig zag or blanket stitch. Looks great and mails for postcard rate unless I put it into a cellophane envelope than it is regular postage. If it is “thick” or has special decorations then have the postoffice handstamp – it will be a little more (currently 68 cents) but well worth it and recepients are pleased. You can also sew a tiny jewelry ring at the top if friend wants to hang it up (or they could make it into a fridge magnet!) I had suggested you feature making postcards when you asked for suggestions.

Carol, 1 year ago Reply

4. Yes, Carylanne….Mary can be a bit silly. But her series is enjoyable as well as informative. Plus, her wackiness makes learning to quilt a little less scary for the newcomer. (I am an old hand at quilting, and I watch the series for fun.) If you don’t like her, don’t watch her.

Pat S., 1 year ago Reply

5. More crafty things would be nice! Loved this postcard show!
    Thanks…

Jackie Walton, 1 year ago Reply

• I also would like more crafty things. Always appreciate ideas for using up those precious scraps. AND, it’s perfectly OK that Mary has a personality that shows in her gestures and facial expressions.

Cheryl, 1 year ago Reply

6. I am a very new quilter and i love the way that mary teach keep up the good work.

antoinette gipson, 1 year ago Reply

7. I agree with Mary S. No one is forcing Carylanne to watch Quilty so why does she? Everyone will never be happy with everything! Carylanne, get on with your life and leave the rest of us alone.

JoAnne T., 1 year ago Reply

8. IKeep it up Mary you are so refreshing to us young people.Its about time we had some young blood on the tutorials. By the way I am 80 years old.

Marie Stromberg, 1 year ago Reply

9. Mary,
    Love your peppy style! More crafty things? Yeah, sounds good. Thank you for teaching me new stuff!
    Peggy

Peggy, 1 year ago Reply

10. Loved this episode. But, then , I love all your episodes. I am a big fan of silliness and learning about quilting. =0) Keep up the good work.

Sonja, 1 year ago Reply

11. I really liked the video and it was fun easy and a plus as I am considering becoming a member. Thank you and my vote if its worth anything Yes to more crafty sewing videos.

Karin, 1 year ago Reply

12. This is a great tutorial. With the loss of letter writing these days it may encourage more of that! I like Mary’s bubbly personality, the way she relates to her audience is different, but she is trying to make it fun. Thanks Mary!

Liz Turney, 1 year ago Reply

13. I think Quilty is fantastic. I have been sewing since I was 8…doll clothes, my clothes, my kids clothes, snowsuits, and finallly my most favorite – quilts. I’ve done my own cards with card stock and emblishments and a few post cards. Any quick video that gives me another different idea to use is welcome. It’s better than watching re-runs. I watch all that I can. Keep up your enthusiasm, it’s so refreshing. I’m 67 and love to sew.

Carol, 1 year ago Reply

14. I personally like Mary’s quirky humour. It is just lighthearted and makes the show more fun!

Arabella, 1 year ago Reply

15. I feel so sorry for the people here who find it necessary to cut down the people on the videos. The tuts should be looked at like a book or movie…not one actor or theme is for everyone. And has for Mary and her trademark perky self……I hope Mary is laughing all the to the bank! Never stop being your own self and if one person out of 100 have to make time out of their busy schedule to pick apart your tut……..ask them to come and make one and let’s see how perfect they are!!!!

Deb poole, 1 year ago Reply

16. Thank you so much Mary for all of your sweet encouragement to us newbie quilters! I’ve watched all of your episodes, I buy your magazine(… and recently watched your talk on Craftsy also.) I believe in what you are doing. I’ve made my first quilt, and I am working on my second. You are a teacher, never let anyone tell you differently.

Alisha, 1 year ago Reply

17. Seems to me that blank index cards would work wonderful for this with holiday fabric instead of Christmas Cards per se

Regina Taeger, 1 year ago Reply

18. Mary is just cute as all get out. She makes me smile.
    Don’t stop quilty-ing!!

Marcia, 1 year ago Reply

19. I just discovered Mary Fons and I watched the whole video with a smile on my face!! She’s fun, I love that!! I’ve been quilting for 30 years and it’s so nice to see a fresh, enthusiastic face. Going to make quilt postcards today! Thx, Mary!

Bridgett, 57, 1 year ago Reply