How to use Half-Square Triangles to Make a Different Kind of Diamond!

| Quilty | Episode 248

Learn how to cut Half-Square Triangles to create a diamond with Mary Fons and Quilty Intern Matt! Use the half and quarter ruler or the Guidelines ruler to make light work of the project. Fat quarters make choosing fabric easy for this block. An excellent example of Half-Square Triangles in action is the quilt Good Day Sunshine. The digital pattern for Good Day Sunshine is available at ShopFonsandPorter.com! For more fantastic quilting tips and ideas pick up Quilty the magazine, visit HeyQuilty.com or watch Quilty Season 1 on DVD!

Hint: click on the photos to view Good Day Sunshine’s digital pattern and tools Mary used in this episode!

1. Love the block, but is the name of the tool?

Mildred Jamison, 1 year ago Reply

2. I’m still in love with block! I would like to purchase the tool used to cut the fabric for making the block.

Mildred Jamison, 1 year ago Reply

3. http://www.guidelines4quilting.com/UltimateStashbuster.html

This is the ruler link

Jeannedu, 1 year ago Reply

4. I still love the block. Since doing some research, I found that this block is very similar to a block called the “depression block”

Can you please give me the name of the specialty ruler used to cut the pieces used to construct the block.

Mildred Jamison, 1 year ago Reply

5. Thank you for the link Jeannedu.

Mildred Jamison, 1 year ago Reply

6. I wanted to isn’t Quilt in a day and couldn’t get in, I have paid my dues. Does it mean I have to pay an additional $24. To access the Eleanor Burns and other sites.

Carleta Rowland, 1 year ago Reply

• As a Quilters Club of America member, to activate your Free one year QNNTV membership, please go to the Quilters Club of America website for instructions.
      Customer service