Blocks-A-Go-Go: Cracker Jack Quilt Block (Little Black Dress)

| Quilty | Episode 247

Mary Fons shows how to make the super-quick Cracker Jack quilt block, which consists of triangles and rectangles. Mary suggests sewing strips sets of fabric to save time and having a triangle trimmer handy. For the Little Black Dress pattern, check out Quilty Jan/Feb ’13. For more great ideas, inspiration and lessons, check out HeyQuilty.com!

Little Black Dress Digital Pattern

Little Black Dress               Quilty Jan/Feb ’13 digital issue        Fabric Color Theory with Mary Fons

1. Great show! Where can I find the pattern for the block?

Robin, 2 years ago Reply

2. I have been trying to find the download for the Cracker Jack block and am not having any luck. Is it posted yet? If so, could you please show me how to get it? I love watching Mary on Quilty, and Marianne on LOQ. It’s a great help to me in my quilt piecing. Thanks.

Pat Carnie, 2 years ago Reply

3. Thank you so much for simple, easy instructions and demonstration.

Kay Ostrom, 2 years ago Reply

4. Just watched episode 247 entitled Block-a-go-go Cracker Jack. I cannot locate the free downloadable pattern. Pls clarify where we can find it. Many thanks.
    Diane Cote

Diane Côté, 2 years ago Reply

5. Just watched the Block-a-go-go Cracker Jack and can’t find the pattern…

Wendy Grammatica, 2 years ago Reply

6. I cannot find the download either.
    Great block and I would really like the pattern.
    Thanks.
    Anne

Anne Baker, 2 years ago Reply

7. Hey, I poked around and I couldn’t locate the downloadable instructions for this block on heyquilty.com. More information, please?

Mary Stephens, 2 years ago Reply

8. Ditto Diane’s and Mary’s comments — I watched the “Blocks a Go Go Cracker Jack” video and thought I’d download the pattern, but cannot find a link to do so. Is it available somewhere?

Lil Haffey, 2 years ago Reply

9. I can’t find the pattern. Tried all sorts of bouncing around the site but no sign of a pattern.

Lorraine Irvine, 2 years ago Reply

10. Can’t wait for this pattern to become available!!!! I have lots of ideas running thru my head that I would like to get started on.
    Thanks Mary for your show- I have been quilting for over 30 years- but I never tire of seeing new techniques. I was a “Gramma” taught/self taught quilter until about 3 years ago when I took my first class with a friend- Never used a rotary cutter until then. Now, I very seldom use my scissors for the initial piecing.

Claudia, 2 years ago Reply

11. Love the tutorial but I cannot find the pattern anywhere.
    Thank you for you help.

ruth shelton, 2 years ago Reply

12. Where in the world is this pattern. It says its free but if you can’t find it it’s nothing.

Trudy, 2 years ago Reply

13. Love this block just finished a family tree quilt using this block

Jenny, 2 years ago Reply

14. Hi; I love the cracker jack block, but cannot find the download for the pattern – help!

sheila, 2 years ago Reply

15. Where is the free pattern, please?

Nina L Williams, 2 years ago Reply

16. Would you please tell us where we can purchase the “Cracker Jack” pattern? Thanks so much. Love your videos.
    Harriett Williams
    bg.ha.williams@gmail.com

Harriett Williams, 2 years ago Reply

17. Love the Blocks a Go-Go shows! I can’t seem to figure out where to download the instructions for the blocks.
    Help!

Karen, 1 year ago Reply

18. I am so glad I saw this episode. I purchased the F&P Triangle Trimmers awhile ago but never thought I had a need to use it until I saw the demo. This is a great tool for making blocks with setting triangles which I never liked doing because of the triangle points getting in the way. Also, just purchased the latest Quilty magazine and saw the Cracker Jack quilt and liked it but dreaded the setting triangles. Now I know I’m going to enjoy making it. Love Quilty magzaine and look forward to the new issues. Keep up the great work.

Lucy June, 1 year ago Reply

19. I made a whoopsie on my previous comment, it’s Little Black Dress that’s in the most recent Quilty magazine and not the Cracker Jack pattern. It’s the same block pattern which lead to my confusion. I discovered my error after making my post when I went back to Quilty to look at the pattern again. Imagine my embarassment. Sorry.

Lucy June, 1 year ago Reply