Quilt Binding with Turning Techniques (part 3)

| Quilty | Episode 245

Mary Fons and Ebony Love talk about turning the quilt binding with various techniques. Be sure to watch Part 1 and Part 2 of this episode! If you are interested in more fantastic quilting tips and ideas, such as the quilt Chevron and On, pick up Quilty the magazine, visit HeyQuilty.com or watch Quilty Season 1 on DVD!

Hint: click on the photos to view Quilty season 1 on DVD and Chevron and On’s digital pattern!

1. love the magazine! Very upbeat & easy to understand. Suggestion:why not have contributors expand on the history of the traditional pattern (if they have used one) ie when it was first recorded,where and how they have varied it. Also, the traditional and alternative name of the pattern would be nice to know too as we’ll as where the pattern may have originated. Really enjoyed the binding tutorial!

Fiona, 2 years ago Reply

2. Love the tips on binding. Especially how to merge the two ends and making the corners! Now I’m ready to take on my next binding. Thank you.

Terry, 2 years ago Reply

3. Question. Ebony used a small ruler for the diagonal edges on the binding. What brand, size, and where should I order them? Thanks!

Terry, 2 years ago Reply

4. Loved these episodes with Ebony – learned a lot – I always machine my bindings but I usually use a decorative stich but now will try the zigzag – I like that better.

Sugar Shack Quilter, 2 years ago Reply

5. It doesn’t get any better than this!
    Thank you Mary & thank you Ebony for this awesome series of three videos. I learned SO much.

Sue Laufer, 2 years ago Reply

6. Thanks for the video series. I really enjoyed them. Always learning something from watching the videos. Thanks again.

EllaLiddle, 2 years ago Reply

7. Thanks soooo much for this binding lesson. I followed the miter corner direction / tip and did the best miter corners ever!!!

Thank you Quilty.

Charlee, 1 year ago Reply

8. These three videos have changed the way I look at binding a quilt! Mary and Ebony made things so simple I just know my next quilt will have that professional binding look! Thanks girls and keep up the good work.

Jacqueline Boswell, 1 year ago Reply

9. Thank you … this was so simple and it made since … thank you I only had to watch it once.

deb anderson, 1 year ago Reply

10. Thank you so much! You’ve saved my quilt! I tried hand turning my last one, and it totally had gnarly corners (not from hand turning, but from poor pinning/sewing/general rookie-ism) I just finished a cray-cray nine patch, and it’s so much better! Thanks soo much for these videos!

Liane, 1 year ago Reply

11. I just finished watching the three-part series on binding for the second time (taking notes!) and I’m ready to try this technique. As a beginner I have some pretty gnarly corners on the quilts I’ve made so far, following directions from a book. I think this technique will actually be easier once I master it and will certainly look better. Thanks so much Quilty for all the good information.
    p.s. I love the videos, so fun!

Jeri Roddy, 9 months ago Reply

12. Thank you for this tutorial. I would like to know where I can purchase the little ruler that Ebony Love uses when she is actually making the binding and making the diagonal line to connect or sew the binding strips together.

Nina Rae, 9 months ago Reply