How to Attach Binding to a Quilt (part 2)

| Quilty | Episode 244

This binding tutorial provides tips and various techniques to make a perfectly finished quilt. Be sure to watch Part 1 and Part 3 of this episode! For more fabulous quilting tips and ideas, such as the quilt Hush Little Baby, pick up Quilty the magazine, visit HeyQuilty.com or watch Quilty Season 1 on DVD!

Hint: click on the photos to view Quilty season 1 on DVD and Hush Little Baby’s digital Pattern!

1. Hi Mary

Thanks for the amazing lesson on binding. It works like a charm.
    I really enjoy Quilty magazine. I have made a quilt out of each issue.
    Thanks for your inspiration and your perky personality.
    Connie
    North Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Connie, 2 years ago Reply

2. I would love to have the Binding episode in writing. Especially episode #2.
    Well done…

June, 2 years ago Reply

3. Great lesson! Never heard of that method in over two decades of quilting. I did it correct the first time trying to connect the two ends. I was able to freeze the video for each step. Thank you :)

Robin, 2 years ago Reply

4. This is great! Now I know how to do it! The only thing I would say is to live a bit bigger opening on a large quilt so that you are not fighting it.

Michele, 2 years ago Reply

5. Ebony’s part 2 on binding looks great. Attaching the two ends of the binding is the scariest part. This looks achievable, and her calm demeanor also makes me feel more comfortable. Going to try it! I bet it will work.

Dorothy, 1 year ago Reply

6. Great lesson! One question… it doesn’t look like you’re back stitching at all to secure the seams. Is that true, or is your fancy machine taking care of that without me realizing it? :-)

Deirdre, 9 months ago Reply