How to Make Quilt Binding (Part 1)

| Quilty | Episode 243

Mary challenges Ebony to make us love binding our quilts. Be sure to watch Part 2 and Part 3 of this episode! For more fabulous quilting tips and ideas, such as the quilt Bounce, pick up Quilty the magazine. Bounce is featured in Quilty March/April 2013.

Hint: click on the photos to view Quilty March/April and Bounce’s digital pattern!

1. Thank you for this training… obtw… sure do enjoy the Quilty magazines

Suzanne, 2 years ago Reply

2. Thank you for making this website work correctly for me, and for this lesson. Very important and interesting stuff, plus I learned a new step in quilt binding.

Colleen Morelli, 2 years ago Reply

3. Never too old to learn better methods. (70-something). Looking forward to next segments!

Marilou, 2 years ago Reply

4. I find it easier to sew the diagonal sem first and then cut.

Brenda, 2 years ago Reply

5. While you are pressing the binding, be sure to press each end at a 45 degree angle. When the binding is sewn on, you will have less bulk and no loose ends.

Mary Jane, 2 years ago Reply

6. I find it easier to place the strips at the right angle and mark from corner to corner where I am going to sew, sew the seam and then cut off the corner where Ebony cuts then sews.

Marilyn, 2 years ago Reply

7. I still don’t know how to cut a bias strip for binding. I would have loved to see her to this with the stripped material.

cec, 2 years ago Reply

8. I am trying to change my attitude about binding so thank you for the videos. I will keep watching for the next segments.

Sandra, 2 years ago Reply

9. Thank you so much for this episode. Looking forward to the next 2! The only, teeny, tiny drawback. I feel a little dizzy with the motion of the camera…but otherwise, I LOVE it!

Cherryne, 1 year ago Reply