Blocks-A-Go-Go: Hot Chip, an easy nine-patch quilt block

| Quilty | Episode 230

Learn a quick nine-patch quilt block Mary calls Hot Chip. This quilt block is great for “blending” fabrics to create a color wash effect. For more fantastic quilting tips and ideas pick up Quilty the magazine, visit HeyQuilty.com or watch Quilty Season 1 on DVD! Also, check out the Pink Waves pattern from Quilty Summer 2012!

Hint: click on the photos to view Quilty season 1 on DVD and Quilty magazine the March/April issue!

Quilty March April 2013         Pink Waves Digital Pattern

1. Love Quilty magazine! Is there another one in progress?

Karen, 2 years ago Reply

2. I think I have subscribed to Quilty magazine. We have been in the midst of moving from Florida to Colorado, so life has been upside down. Our address is 137790 Legend Trail, Unit 102, Broomfield, CO 80023. My old address was 708 Foggy Morn Lane, Bradenton, FL. Please let me know if my subscription inplace.
    Thanks,
    Christine OBrien

Christine O'Brien, 2 years ago Reply

• I ams orry, but we do not have a subscription to Quilty as of yet. We are only selling it on the newsstands. The second issue is due out the end of Oct. And yes we are considering the subscriptions after that, so be on the watch for it. You might call Fons and Porter to see if you subscribed to Love fo Quitling to verify your records. The number to reach them is 888-985-1020. Happy Quilting!

Customer Service, 2 years ago Reply

3. LOVE that you are having fun when doing and teaching these things. You are a hoot, and make me smile. God bless.
    So happy about the magazine!! Thanks for being a lovable nut and a wonderful teacher.
    Please don’t change.

Frances Mineo, 2 years ago Reply

4. You could have straighter seams as well as put the blocks together for this quilt faster if you sewed the strips together in sets of threes then cut the rows.

Your videos are great for a newbie. However, sometimes I get a bit motion queezy due to the continuous sudden movements in the videos. Is there Anyway to make them more fluid, or zoom out a little so they aren’t so pronounced?

susan, 1 year ago Reply

5. Why would you not do this as strip sets of three? Sewing single squares seems like a lot of extra work. BTW, I do love your show!

Pam, 1 year ago Reply

6. Presumably she doesn’t do strip sets because she wants the quilt blocks to be completely random.

Beal, 7 months ago Reply