How to Make an Inexpensive Quilt Design Wall

| Quilty | Episode 218

Make an inexpensive quilt design wall using a picnic tablecloth. They are great for keeping your blocks aligned, even for patchwork! This tip is featured in Quilty Winter 2012 magazine. For more fantastic quilting tips pick up Quilty the magazine, visit HeyQuilty.com or watch Quilty Season 1 on DVD!

Hint: click on the photos to view Quilty season 1 on DVD and Quilty magazine the Winter 2012 issue!

1. Is there something wrong with the sound? Unable to hear Mrs. Fons.

Donna H, 2 years ago Reply

• Donna, yes, Marianne’s part was shot with consumer equipment. The editor tweaked the audio as much as he could. This is why we don’t like to use anything but professional equipment and people for videos here.

jdavis, 2 years ago Reply

2. What’s up with the sound. I had the volume at 100% and could barely hear Marianne.

Teapot Quilter, 2 years ago Reply

• I just confirmed with the editor that that video – just the part with Marianne – was not professionally done. He did all he could to raise the volume up without distorting it.
      This is why viewer-submitted video is a dicey thing. And why we usually shy away from it here.

jdavis, 2 years ago Reply

3. I enjoyed this but had no volume . I checkedon my computer and on screen but no volume. I have noticed this with quilting videos maybe because women are soft spoken but put an action video on and it blasts on out of the room .

patricia barone, 2 years ago Reply

4. I’m grateful for the subtitles, because I couldn’t hear it at all.
    MJP

Mary Jane. Plemons, 2 years ago Reply

5. Love your all and your tips.

Am new to Quilting but am seriously getting hooked!

I just want to call you The Fons, oh Happy days!

Love and peace

Beenyx

Beeny ( Greenwich London UK), 2 years ago Reply

6. SUCH a great tip! Thank you!

Carmen H., 2 years ago Reply

7. Great tip. I used an old roller shade and attached my piece of flannel backed tablecloth. Now when I need it, I just pull down the shade!!! Really easy to use…

Lori M., 1 year ago Reply

8. GREAT TIP!! This will help me so much. Linda

Linda Wright, 1 year ago Reply

9. GREAT TIP!!!!

Linda Wright, 1 year ago Reply

10. I am reading the Quilty Magazine dated Winter 2012, issue 2 and it shoes a tip top tip on a design wall. Well the felt backed tablecloth is not the same as the design wall you show in the magazine. I wish you wouldn’t do this. Now I don’t know if the magazine would do the trick like this one.

Cynthia A Russ, 10 months ago Reply

11. I built my quilt wall for $13.00
    1 Elmers Tri fold Display board open its 48 wide and 36 long $3.00
    1 roll of felt 2 yards for $6.00
    1 roll of fancy duct tape $3.00
    At your local walmart :)

Ranee, 4 weeks ago Reply

12. Oh yeah and I have one fabric bolt wrap to boot that the felt was wrapped around :-)

Ranee, 4 weeks ago Reply