How to Have a Strip-Swap-Cutting-Bee-Fabric Exchange Party!

| Quilty | Episode 215

Learn how to hold a strip-swap-cutting-bee-fabric party! Need patterns for all your new fabric? Look at A Maze of Little Gems, Jacks, and Whirling Pinwheels.  For more fabulous quilting ideas visit HeyQuilty.com or watch more episodes at QNNtv.com or on DVD! Quilty has also provided a cutting bee party check list!

Hint: click the photos to view Quilty magazine auto ship, Quilty season 2 on DVD and Cutting Bee Party suggestions!

1. to goofy. use the edit………please

kelly, 2 years ago Reply

2. Am I the only one who finds her performances annoying? I watch to learn something, not to be entertained.

Susan Musar, 2 years ago Reply

• I admire her energy and enthusiasm. Good on her! If it bothers you, tune in to some other quiet, slow learning experience. No need to be negative.

Wendy, 2 years ago Reply

• Yup, I found her annoying as all heck. But I think this is a great idea, and I passed it along to one of the organizers of our local quilt group.

Jenna, 2 years ago Reply

• Same here Susan, and the safety “glove thing” bugs me too.

Carol, 2 years ago Reply

• No, you’re not the only one. if I can only get past her delivery, I usually can actually learn something.

Bobbye Nelson, 2 years ago Reply

• Me too! Too many weird facial expressions. Too affected.

Patti, 2 years ago Reply

• Wouldn’t it be okay to be entertained WHILE learning something? Surely it doesn’t have to be one or the other, and there are so many online videos you should be able find one that makes you happy. What’s wonderful is that so many new people are becoming sewists, and any avenue that spreads an appreciation and grows the skills has to be a good thing, yes?

Pam H, 2 years ago Reply

• I’m right there with you, Susan!

Kornelia Massner, 2 years ago Reply

• Hey, Susan. Well… It’s a show. I mean, I think it’s important to entertain as well as provide content that is worth teaching. Is there something specific you can point to that you find distracting?

Mary Fons, 2 years ago Reply

• Lighten up!

Faye, 2 years ago Reply

3. Mary, I love your enthusiasm! Yes, I come to learn, but I really enjoy the fact that YOU enjoy what you’re teaching.

Keep up the Great Work!

And thanks, too!

Janet, 2 years ago Reply

4. Does she realize that we are not all two year old. That is exactly how she talks to us. What happened to the sophistication of Fons and Porter?

Kay McKean, 2 years ago Reply

5. I find Quilty fun and refreshing and down to earth. Been sewing since 1942 when I started high school. Mary is fun to watch and I learn a lot too. Right on kid!

Roberta Webb, 2 years ago Reply

6. I can’t stand the hand motions and facial expressions. very unprofessional makes it hard to watch and learn

Barbara Stillwaggon, 2 years ago Reply

7. Well it lightened my morning!

Sheila Hurst, 2 years ago Reply

8. Lighten up, laugh and learn at the same time.

Jo Ann Pilgrim, 2 years ago Reply

9. I enjoyed the segment. She is just enthusiastic and having fun. I did learn something. I did a square swap with friends and the challenge was to make a table runner. It’s amazing how all the fabrics…no matter how different….actually looked OK.

Diane, 2 years ago Reply

10. You find her annoying? Then don’t watch her! Your choice!

Maureen Williams, 2 years ago Reply

11. I enjoy her soo much ! Why does quilting have to be boring and stern? Keep up the good work, Mary !!!! I do learn from you that life is about being creative….AND…having fun!

Mary Lou Sprowle, 2 years ago Reply

12. I think she’s a hoot! I really, really enjoy watching her and yes, I do learn something. I’d love to spend a week quilting with her. There are plenty of traditional teachers out there. She brings a witty side to quilting.

Mary Jo Stahl, 2 years ago Reply

13. This sounds like a fun idea!

Connie, 2 years ago Reply

14. I would like the nine patch quilt block pattern of the quilt that was in the background, please?

Melody Loveless, 2 years ago Reply

15. I ADORE Mary and her sense of humor! Mary, you are why I watch and then the bonus is all the wonderful tips and tricks you teach us. Keep up the good work and good luck with the magazine launch! Yay Quilty!

Karen, 2 years ago Reply

16. Great idea for a bee party. Maybe a little to much wine before the duck tracks. You can tell she really enjoys what she is doing and that is GREAT!!

Sheila, 2 years ago Reply

17. I only hope we have as much fun with our cutting bee as you had making this tutorial. You really made me laugh. Ther’s nothing like a good ol’ giggle once in a while.

Karen, 2 years ago Reply

18. Looks like fun, and a really good idea for a project for newbies quilt bee. Enjoyed the video, even the giggles portion. thank you.

d d, 2 years ago Reply

19. Mary, you are a hoot! I love what you are doing. You are so much fun, and fun is what this should be.

Angela, 2 years ago Reply

20. Not helpful at all.

Denise, 2 years ago Reply

21. Mary, All the words have basically been used, but I couldn’t help but chime in with my two cents – I thought the show was great, and there is something seriously wrong with us if we cannot have a fit of the giggles once in a while!!! I have tried to catch all of your shows and can hardly wait for the week to go by so I can see what new tidbit you have in store for us. Keep up the good work.
    Deen (short for Nadine)

Nadine Hymas, 2 years ago Reply

22. I love her. With all the disasters in our world, a little humor is just what we need. And I also love her faces

Barbara, 2 years ago Reply

23. Wow! I am surprised by all of the negative comments. My mother always told me that if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything at all. I LOVE Mary’s personality and I think it’s a fresh, new, and different way of learning how to quilt. There are a few quilt instructors that I don’t care for, but I’m certainly not going to post negative comments about them on the internet. They have feelings too. Mary, love the faces, hand gestures, pop up comments, and everything else. I look forward to many more years of Quilty!

Marie, 8 months ago Reply

24. I agree with all the positive comments, Mary, you’re doing a fabulous job, keep up the good work and keep enjoying what you do! :-D

Lynette in Sweden