This is My Quilt: First Quilt with Rebecca Fons

| Quilty | Episode 214

What do you do when you get home with your fabric and all your tools? Getting started on your first quilt can be really tough. Rebecca shows her “quilt” as it stands so far and gets a boost from her sis, Mary Fons. Get your design wall, mat, ruler, and rotary cutter ready because the Fons girls are going to make you start your quilt. For more fabulous quilting tips and ideas visit HeyQuilty.com or watch more episodes at QNNtv.com or on DVD! Be sure to watch part 1 of this episode! Looking for a beginner friendly pattern? Try the Charm Pack pattern.

1. You always teach on practical down-to-earth subjects. THANK YOU!!!

Suzanne, 2 years ago Reply

2. Hey Quilty, I thought maybe you would talk a little more about picking fabrics that work well together for the quilt design Rebbeca picked. Newbies need help learning color and value and scale.

kathy, 2 years ago Reply

3. I learned from your Mom to wash my fabric first.

Brenda H, 2 years ago Reply

4. I have loved Mary Ann Fons for YEARS and have ALL of
    her books…….now I love her fascinating daughters! THANKS
    for the joy.

Patrecia Ross, 2 years ago Reply

5. I’ve been sewing for 50 years, but only quilting for seven. I learn new things everyday, reading quilt magazines, watching tutorial videos, such as yours, and reading different blogs, but yours are by far the best! Keep up the good work.

Evelynne H, 2 years ago Reply

6. I am completely self-taught and I really wish that I had known someone who quilted that could’ve shown me all of this. The first quilt that I made I didn’t iron my fabrics. I was lazy and I just didn’t know. Also, I bought everything and some yardage of fabric and that is not what I wanted. I ended up going back to the fabric store and buying fat quarters (which I didn’t even know about). It turned out great and I have a small, Ohio star throw that lives on the back of my loveseat now. Thanks for all you do to inspire new quilters to get into quilting.

Green, 2 years ago Reply