This Is My Quilt: Quilts of Valor With Sophie

| Quilty | Episode 212

Check out this AMAZING show and tell with Miss Sophie’s incredible Quilts of Valor quilt. Visit www.QOVF.org to learn more about the Quilts of Valor Foundation! For a valor inspired quilt check out Valiant Eagle. Fons & Porter features countless Quilts of Valor digital patterns, including Mary’s own design, My Medal. More fabulous quilting ideas are available at HeyQuilty.com.

1. Nice job!! great to see young people caring to make a charity quilt and also to enjoy making it too!!

Helen Bell, 2 years ago Reply

2. A great quilt for the quilts of valor. I am in awe of Sophie’s quilting ability.. I have been quilting as long as she has been born.. I started when my first grandson was born.

Brenda Rappel, 2 years ago Reply

3. Thank you so much for sharing Sophie’s quilt with us. Sophie did a very nice job. What a great story!

Cynthia T., 2 years ago Reply

4. Great job. It is a lot of fun helping someone learn to quilt. My granddaughter made her first doll blanket quilt at the age of 6. This year at seven she did a charm pack quilt for her new baby cousin. Tell Sophie to keep up the great work. Welcome to the world of quilting!

Sandy, 2 years ago Reply

5. I enjoyed the video so much! just reminds me of my grandma and how she taught me to sew. She did not quilt, but I was always looking up for a task in her sewing room. I truly congratulate Sophie!!

Cusy, 2 years ago Reply

6. Awesome job Sophie… and I am so sure that the soldier that receives the quilt you made will really appreciate it more than words can say.

Joyce Cloud, 2 years ago Reply

7. Thank you, Mary, for having me on the show(: It was a lot of fun!!! I hope to make more quilts in the future!

-Sophie N.

P.S. The video turned out really nice! Thanks again(:

Sophie, from the video!, 2 years ago Reply

8. What an amazing quilter you are!! I have two grown daughters whom I really wanted to sew and quilt but that was not there choice. I quilt and I am delighted to know that there are young girls in this day and age who are interested in this wonderful art. Congratulations and keep up the great work.

Ann Bates
    San Angelo,TX

Ann Bates, 2 years ago Reply

9. congrats Sophie for a job well done, what a great start into quilting. May you enjoy it all your life.

Doris, 2 years ago Reply

10. Sophie, love your quilt, and I wish I’d started quilting at your age. I’d have SO much more done!

Yvonne Streeter, 2 years ago Reply

11. Love it! It’s so nice to see young people sewing. My daughter is 12 and has been sewing since she was 2 – starting at a little chain stitch machine beside mommy and playing with fabric and ribbon. I would also commend Sophie for quilts of Valour. Not only is she quilting, but recognizes the value of community involvement. Way to go, Sophie!

Sue Horvath, 2 years ago Reply

12. Great job Sophie! Keep up the good work. I’m most impressed with the reason you choice to make a quilt.

Susan Miller, 2 years ago Reply

13. What a sweetheart you are Sophie, for doing a quilt of Valour, I
    wish more girls your age would start quilting, it’s fun and you
    get a wonderful feeling of accomplishment, and your also making
    a very deserving person happy. Your quilt is beautiful !

Sharon Peters, 2 years ago Reply

14. What a great young woman you are, Sophie. Your quilt is wonderful and I know it will be loved by the soldier who receives it stitch on!

Judi, 2 years ago Reply

15. Thank you for sharing a young girls quilt. It’s nice to see that the sewing community in all are starting to draw young girls into sewing and the art of sewing will not die and also the wonderful satisfaction and gratification of making something with your talent and giving it away to someone special is a gift. It shows that young girls don’t need to be so sports orientated and learn to sew is a talent that many would love to have at this age. She is the perfect age to start sewing and that is when I learned and people to this day wish they had my talent in sewing, embroidery. I just have not had the time but it is my next goal in my sewing hobby to make quilts. This girls quilt is beautiful and keep it up with your sewing knowledge and can become a designer some day.

Jean Millburg, 2 years ago Reply