How to Make a Perfect 1/4 Inch Quilt Seam

| Quilty | Episode 210

As part of our “A Tip Top Tip” videos, Matt shares with us some suggestions to make a perfect quarter inch seam for your quilts. Use your ruler for this project. For more fabulous quilting tips and ideas visit HeyQuilty.com or watch more episodes at QNNtv.com or on DVD!

1. Hi There,
    I generally enjoy your episodes and have learned helpful tips.
    I just watched the Quilty Episode 210.
    I know you are trying to be unique and appeal to the less experienced crowd and that’s great because it contributes to the continued survival and evolution of quilting.
    But, sorry to say this jerky, amateurish video style is distracting and annoying.
    Please attempt to separate yourself “from the pack” in ways that enhance learning rater than frustrating it.
    Linda

Linda, 2 years ago Reply

2. Please don’t let Mary use the camera anymore. It made me a little bit sea sick. LOL

Susan, 2 years ago Reply

3. A better tip: Get a 1/4 guide foot on ebay. Cost around 9.00. No hassles. Works better than TAPE.

pw_quiltworks, 2 years ago Reply

4. PLEASE get that machine plugged into a surge protector!

Embroidermom, 2 years ago Reply

5. I use an exacto knife to cut through many layers of tape to use as a guide. That way you can butt the fabric up along the raised edge and keep the edge really straight.

tstarr_ca, 1 year ago Reply

6. Mary I enjoy and learn from all your free videos, I find it quite annoying that people are so rude and unappreciative for the free access. Keep up the good work and I just love your warm fun personality.

Pat Callen, 1 year ago Reply

7. I really enjoy your videos. It’s very refreshing to get something free. That is unusual these days and I always love to learn more about quilting.

alicemlawson, 1 year ago Reply

8. I am in Canada and cannot purchase a 1/4″ foot for my machine here. I love this tip and it is so easy to peel back the tape and change the bobbin and re-stick the tape after. I make beautiful quilts with cheap equipment and always get my fabric on sale. Being on disability I cannot afford to be extravagant, Thanks

Joye, 1 year ago Reply

9. I so enjoy Mary’s personality and all the basic information she provides via the free videos as well as the magazine – keep up the great job and ignore the negative folks and their complaints

jean, 1 year ago Reply

10. Appreciate all your videos and have used many of the things I have learned from you. Sorry that some people are just rude and if they don’t like your videos they could just not watch them.
    Please continue giving us your expertise! Thank you.

Sandra Hess, 1 year ago Reply

11. Love you tips, guest and your show. When I have a stress day at work your show brightens my day.

Suzanne, 1 year ago Reply