This is My Quilt using T Shirts — with Tom & James

Quilty | This is My Quilt — with Tom & James | Episode 137

Mary is joined by Tom and James as they speak about a stunning quilt made from their retired designer shirts. Check out a T-Shirt Quilt Digital Pattern by Colette Cogley! She also designed a children’s quilt using old work shirts. For more quilting tips and techniques pick up Quilty magazine or watch more Quilty episodes at QNNtv.com!

1. Tom and James Quilt

I LOVE this quilt, is there anyway you can post the pattern for it?

Janelle Torgeson, 3 years ago Reply

2. How many shirts did it take to make this one quilt and what size is it?

thanks for sharing. The quilt is gorgeous!

Phyllis

Phyllis Kevis, 3 years ago Reply

3. The planning for this incredible quilt must have been the difficult part of this quilt! Is the quilt maker in Chicago? Does she give classes?
    Great program.

Susan Surdyk, 3 years ago Reply

4. VERY INSPIRING! MARY IS CUTER THAN EVER!

JANIE GIORDANO, 3 years ago Reply

5. i love this quilt,,, also those guys seems alot of fun,,,, also mary i watch u with ur mom on fons and porter enjoy it so much ,,, i just started being a quilter but im a nervous about it,, any suggestions to get me started please do,,,, thanks again paula sizemore

paula sizemore, 3 years ago Reply

6. What a great way to recycle your favorite shirts. I love this quilt.

Vickie, 3 years ago Reply

7. Very nicely done quilt and good use of pretty shirts. I would
    love to see more guys like Tom and James, that have beautiful
    shirts to sew, find time to make there very own quilts. It’s really
    a wonderful hobby, that I enjoy very much

Sharon Peters, 3 years ago Reply

8. Very nicely done quilt and good use of pretty shirts. I would
    love to see more guys like Tom and James, that have beautiful
    shirts to sew, find time to make there very own quilts. It’s really
    a wonderful hobby, that I enjoy very much.

Sharon Peters, 3 years ago Reply

9. Please Take first comment off please! I put the other one in
    because I had made a mistake. Thanks so much.

Sharon Peters, 3 years ago Reply

10. Newb here… THIS BLOCK was MY 4th quilt! I pieced it 9 years ago in grad school and I finally quilted it this year on my kenmore with my new walking foot. It was not paper pieced. I am certain that the one in the show may not have been either, but I’m sure it took a lot of careful planning with all those different fabrics! Mine only has 6 different fabrics.

Anyway, this is my first comment. I’m loving the videos. Thank you so much!

Grace, 1 year ago Reply

11. I enjoyed the video very much! Thank you. The quality of the video was excellent. Up till now it has always been very poor. I was leary about purchasing a membership because of poor quality. Next time it’s half price, I will join.

Carolyn P., 1 year ago Reply