What to Do With Your Extra Quilt Blocks

The Quilters’ Community | Episode 43

What can you make with all those extra quilt blocks you’ve accumulated over the years? Learn how the flying geese pattern is applied to quilted placemats using machine quilting techniques and specialty stitches. Also, see how the learning blocks were used to make a Kindle cover, mug rug and iPad cover. For more information, visit QuiltersNewsletter.com. To learn more about the machine used in this quilting video, check out Brother’s web site.

Flying Geese Master Class               Large Flying Geese Ruler                          Wing Clipper 2 Tool

1. sorry, but without a camera shoot on what the lady is doing, we can’t appreciate the subject….. OK for flying geese but after….. ?
    what does the Brother on the placemate ?

LOUIS, 1 year ago Reply

2. Did the camera person go out for a break? It would be nice if there was some zooming in so we could see what the demonstrator is doing.

rebecca, 1 year ago Reply

• We appreciate your comments! We inadvertently posted a proof version rather than the final cut of Quilt Block Applications. Here is the correct video. We regret the error.

kloeffelholz, 1 year ago Reply

3. I stopped watching it because I couldn’t see any of her work. What’s the point??

Emilia Heffren, 1 year ago Reply

4. I would love to have some close-ups. The camera did not do a very good job,

Ursula Weber, 1 year ago Reply

5. This video would be a lot better if we could see the samples up close and see up close what the demonstrator is doing.

Babette, 1 year ago Reply

6. Perhaps next time around we could actually see the projects

Chris Jones, 1 year ago Reply

7. How sad! This would have been a helpful video if we could have seen what was being talked about. Thunbs down for this one

Ellie G, 1 year ago Reply

8. Frutrating to watch as she did not hold the projectvsomit could be seen by anyone but the other person in the video. Really poor camera work!

Jean Usner, 1 year ago Reply

9. I agree did the camera operator go for a break.
    Had no idea what they were talking about because you didn’t get to see anything.
    Ilse

Ilse, 1 year ago Reply

10. I agree. It would be nice to see the items

Abuela, 1 year ago Reply

11. Yep, I was thinking the same thing! What happened?

Jean Hickey, 1 year ago Reply

12. Sure would have been nice if we could see the samples.

Margie, 1 year ago Reply

13. No, I didn’t enjoy this. Couldn’t see what they were doing, therefore I didn’t learn anything. It was a big disappointment and a waste of my time.

Mary, 1 year ago Reply

14. I agree with the previous comments – I kept wondering when they were going to show us the projects that she was talking about and ended up just being confused.

Rachel, 1 year ago Reply

15. Was this an ad for the Brother laser machine? While I do own a Brother, I feel inadequate now with this very uninformative video. No close ups nor do I know what it was she was doing half the time.

Colette, 1 year ago Reply

16. Very poorly filmed. Had no idea what was being done. Needed some close-ups of the stitching that was being talked about.

Virginia B Bell, 1 year ago Reply

17. This made no sense at all

chris-beck, 1 year ago Reply

• Thank you very much for the feedback. We have forwarded all of these comments upstairs for further investigation. Thank you all again!
      Customer Service

ysmith, 1 year ago Reply

18. The quilting world should get some of those small cameras that you see used on spy movies that hook to a person’s lapel or shirt and point it down toward the project work area so we can see what the machine is doing as you sew.

Norrine Buchholz, 1 year ago Reply

19. Since there were no close ups of the projects, after the first one, it was a waste of time.
    I don’t mind the machine commercial aspect, but I would have also liked to see the laser in action, not just a promo picture of it.

Linda, 1 year ago Reply

20. If the camera operator couldn’t show the work, why couldn’t the ladies, at least, hold the projects up so we could see what they were talking about.

R.A., 1 year ago Reply

21. Was very disappointed that they didn’t do an overhead shot to see what they were talking about, it left you wondering what exactly was going on

Roserita Carter, 1 year ago Reply

22. The purpose of this video was to create interest in the sewing machine not the projects being sewn.

Lulu, 1 year ago Reply

23. How sad, that we could not see the projects being sewed.
    Not a good video

sandra, 1 year ago Reply

• Dear Sandra,
      Thank you for the feedback. There have been many on this video. We have forwarded the suggestions and concerns to our production team for further review. Thank you again, for the feedback.

ysmith, 1 year ago Reply

24. I always have problems to watch your videos and ONLY happens with yours. The video keeps buffering. I have watched Quilty videos and I don’t have any problem with those. Please do something.

Luisa, 1 year ago Reply

• It helps to clean up your system. I am attaching some instructions for you in how to do this. It won’t hurt. Worst thing it can do is make your computer run a little faster. It is something that should be done at least once a month. You can also Google Search how to do it. Just click on the link below.
      Cleaning out cookies and cache

ysmith, 1 year ago Reply