Carol Ann Waugh: From Traditional Quilts to Art Quilts

| The Quilters’ Community | Episode 2

Carol Waugh started as a traditional quilter but then decided to devote time to writing quilting books. More than 30 years later she returned to quilting and learned about the rotary cutter. She became a full-time fiber artist making art quilts. Watch more episodes of Quilters Newsletter TV: The Quilters Community on QNNtv.com.

1. I just listened and watched the first tv program. I’m excited! I think it will be a great addition to my learning skills, and enjoyable, too. I’m a traditional quilter who started late in life and I’m just amazed at the possibilities. I don’t have enough years left to do everything I want to accomplish. Carol Ann Waugh is an inspiring teacher and I’m sewing as fast as I can…….

Marcia, 2 years ago Reply

• Thanks for your kind comments about my class! Keep on stitching!

carol, 2 years ago Reply

2. I would have enjoyed this video except for the annoying and frequent stopping and starting caused by ????. I don’t have this problem on other sites so am not sure why this happened every few seconds.

Linda Fielding, 2 years ago Reply

3. Quilty Episode 228 Quilty Fantastic
    Thanks for the discussion on washing quilting fabric. I agree with most of your points. However, I was looking for the problem with shrinking. Is that not an issue anymore? Also, you made a comment about bleeding being a problem only with cheap fabric. Unfortunately, I’ve found that price doesn’t make a difference. Some years ago I bought several yards a Robert Kaufman print, widely spaced floral on a solid, intense red background. I washed it several times and still it bled. I used Synthapol for the last two washes, so I hope the problem is taken care of, but I’m leary of using it.

Jane Sterrett, 2 years ago Reply

4. I just watched Carol Ann Waugh’s video. I loved it, mainly because I am one of her students from Craftsy and because of her class I am now working in Fiber art and having a wonderful time.

Janet Erbes, 2 years ago Reply