QNNtv.com Support is Only an eMail Away!
We at QNNtv.com know that our online QNNtv.com community is new to many of you and that the community is evolving each and every day. Some of you have had questions on navigating through the site, viewing the videos, etc.
Listed below are some of the Frequently Asked Questions that have been sent into QNNtv.com about the video broadcasts. The questions vary from general information to the hard technical information about the video feed. If your question is not answered below, please do not hesitate to contact us as we are here to help! We can be reached at this email address and will get back to you ASAP.
(Please include as much detail as possible to help us identify the problem you’re experiencing)
Bandwidth Tester – If you are unsure of your bandwidth, please use this bandwidth tester offered from CNET. Just enter some info and it will let you know where your bandwidth falls.
Watching QNN Video Broadcasts
- I am only able to watch the previews, how do I fix this?
- Do I have to register to watch the QNNtv.com video/broadcasts?
- Can I watch shows on-demand?
- What is required to view QNNtv.com on a MAC?
- How do I view the video in full screen?
- My video is choppy, what do I do?
- I have a white or grey screen where the video should be.
- If I have a question about navigating the QNNtv.com website, viewing videos, etc, where do I send them?
- I am at work and unable to view your videos, what could be wrong?
- I am able to see video, but cannot receive sound. What can I do?
- My fullscreen button has a red circle with a line through it and I cannot use it.
- After I launch fullscreen it boots me out after a couple seconds/minutes.
- The scissors cut off the bottom of the video player.
- Fullscreen only displays white screen.
- Video and audio become un-synced.
- How do I find a video? What is a keyword?
- The video quality looks terrible—why?
1. I am only able to watch the previews, how do I fix this?
- Please log out of your account and log back in. The log in/log out button is located at the top right of the screen. Please clear your computer’s cookies and cache. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, please try viewing the videos in either Safari or Fire Fox browsers.
2. Do I have to register to watch the QNNtv.com video/broadcasts?
- Yes, membership to the site is required. Once you register, you can watch, learn and enjoy for the 12 month period, as often as you want.
3. Can I watch shows on-demand?
- Yes! The new QNNtv.com is powered completely by video on demand. View whatever you want, whenever you want.
4. What is required to view QNNtv.com on a MAC?
- Nothing special is required to view QNNtv.com on a MAC. Just make sure you have the most current version of Flash player. To download this, visit Adobe Flash Player Download Center
This program is free to install.
5. How do I view the video in full screen?
- On the video play back page simply click the fullscreen button (4 arrows pointing outwards ). To exit press the ESC key located in the top left of most keyboards.
6. My video is choppy, what do I do?
- Read more about this issue at our choppy video help page here: http://www.qnntv.com/aspx/qnn/clientpage.aspx?pageid=118. If this does not resolve the issue, it often helps to reconnect to your internet connection. The easiest way to do this is to unplug your router or modem for 30 seconds and plug it back in.
7. I have a white or grey screen where the video should be.
- This often means you need to update your Adobe Flash Player version. The update can be found here: Adobe Flash Player Download Center.
On this page click “Download Now”. You should receive a prompt that asks you where you would like to save the file. The easiest place to save it and find it later is your Desktop. When the file is done downloading you should then go to your desktop (the screen you see when you first turn on your computer) and double click the install_flash_player.exe
The file should then walk you through updating your Flash Player.
8. If I have a question about navigating the QNNtv.com website, viewing videos, etc, where do I send them?
- First, please check our FAQ page to see if your question is listed. If it is not, feel free to contact us at this email address.
9. I am at work and unable to view your videos, what could be wrong?
- Some organizations and businesses block Flash Players. If you have the most up-to-date version of Flash available and are still unable to view any videos, it may be blocked on your connection.
- Go to http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/AboutGFW/Pages/DirectX10.aspx
- Under “DOWNLOAD DIRECTX” click “Download the latest DirectX
- You will be taken to a Microsoft Download page.
- If your Windows has not yet been validated by Microsoft you will need to click the “Continue” button. You will be taken to the “Windows Genuine Advantage plug-in installation” page. This page will have step-by-step instructions on how to validate your windows system. Please follow the steps on this page. When you have finished following the steps please click the “Continue” button. On the next page click the “Download” button.
- If your Windows has been validated by Microsoft already, click the “Download” button.
- In the File Downloaddialog box, do the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- On the security warning dialog click “Run”.
- Select “I accept the agreement”
- Click “Next”
- Click “Next”
- When the install is finished click “Finish”
Please attempt to view www.qnntv.com again.
11. My fullscreen button has a red circle with a line through it and I cannot use it.
- We have found that this issue is most often associated with the AOL browser. If you view www.qnntv.com with Internet Explorer or Firefox (www.mozilla.com) fullscreen should work properly for you. If you are already using Internet Explorer or Firefox, you may need to update your Flash Player. You can update by visiting Adobe’s official site.
12. After I launch fullscreen it boots me out after a couple seconds/minutes.
- We have found that this issue is most often associated with the AOL browser. If you view www.qnntv.com with Internet Explorer or Firefox (www.mozilla.com) fullscreen should work properly for you.
Steps to check your security level:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click ‘Tools‘
- Click ‘Internet Options‘
- Click the Security tab and make sure the setting is ‘Medium-high‘ or below. A ‘High’ setting will block all flash content on a website.
- If the level is set to ‘High’, click and hold your mouse on the slider and drag it down to ‘Medium-high’.
- Click ‘OK‘
- Attempt to view www.qnntv.com.
- You will need to change a setting in your flash player. Please follow the steps below.
- While the video is minimized, right click the video screen.
- Select “Settings” from the drop down menu.
- The unclick “Enable hardware acceleration.”
- Click the “close” button.
- This is often due to the video now downloading fast enough for playback. Pause the video for 5 – 10 minutes then attempt to play again.
- There are two different ways to locate videos on QNNtv.com
1) To find a specific series you can click “Browse Our Programs”. On this page you will find a list of every quilting series we offer. By clicking one you will be taken to a page that lists all of the seasons that show has to offer. You can choose any one of these. From there you will see a list of all of the episodes in that season with a description of what is covered in that show. To choose one, just click the “Watch Now” link.
2) To find a specific topic you can click the “Watch Now” link next to “Browse Our Programs”. This will take you to a search page. From there you can type the keyword (Example: if you are looking for binding tips, type “binding”). Then click the “Go” button. This will bring back all of our shows that feature information about binding. To watch one, click the “Watch Now” link.
17. The video quality looks terrible—why?
The players at QNNtv.com attempt to detect your connection speed and serve the most appropriate quality file for your connection.
It’s possible to manually override the bandwidth detection and select your preferred quality (although, please note that serving a high quality file over a slow-speed connection introduces another issue, stuttering).
To do this, hover over the playback area, click on the right-most icon in the navigation bar (it looks a bit like a bulleted list), and then the left-most icon in the resulting navigation (this icon also looks like a bulleted list). Clicking on this icon should pull up a “Preferred Video Quality” screen which displays your detected bandwidth and provides the opportunity to select which of the three files to play back.